AML/OFAC ANALYST JOB SUMMARY:
The AML/OFAC Analyst reports to the compliance manager and is responsible for monitoring and assessing Compliance Risks on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The AML Analyst will review cases in the Transaction Monitoring System (TMS) matches against negative lists such as OFAC.
- Review alerts/cases generated by the TMS that when rule thresholds are crossed or when questionable activity referrals are received.
- Conduct investigations on alerts/cases that bear indicia of money laundering and related risks or those that may be a match on negative lists. This includes issuance of requests for information.
- Prepare internal and external reports, including SARs in accordance with internal policies.
- Review adverse news database and update the log.
- Prepare and update profiles in the TMS on customers, transaction counterparties, beneficial owners and other affiliated persons/entities in line with internal guidelines.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with preparation of risk assessments.
- Verify/test that changes made to negative lists are successfully uploaded to the TMS.
- Assist the Compliance department in other activities and projects from time to time.
- The successful candidate will back-up other Compliance team members during absences. Cross-functional training will be provided prior to assigning such tasks.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably in a branch of a foreign banking organization.
- 3-5 years of experience using automated transaction monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act (including the USA PATRIOT Act), OFAC sanctions programs, etc.
- Detail oriented individual with analytical skills, ability to conduct in- depth research and possess strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Must be well-organized and capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and use sound judgment.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- ACAMS certification and membership.
- PC skills:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; Lexis-Nexis, World-Check, Banker’s Almanac, etc.
- Strong internet search capabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com