Department: Legal & Compliance
Reports to: BSA/OFAC Manager
The BSA/OFAC Analyst ensures that proper CIP/CDD/KYC process are observed by all branches and business units at account inception and conducts reviews for AML transaction monitoring purposes. The BSA/OFAC Analyst also assists in executing compliance functions of the Bank’s OFAC Program, CTR reporting, CTR exception tracking process and the Bank’s BSA/AML & OFAC systems.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review personal and business customers KYC and CIP documentation for accuracy completeness, and compliance with policies and procedures
- Provide guidance to retails with respect to CIP policies and procedures
- Identify suspicious activities, money laundering, or terrorist financing by performing new customer due diligence
- Perform research and investigation for new personal and business customers
- Review currency transaction reports (CTR) to ensure all the information, including the dollar amount are correctly entered
- Obtain, search, document, and log FinCEN 314(a) information request
- Review OFAC dispositions made by business units to ensure all possible matches are correctly disposed
- Assist in administrative tasks associated with OFAC and suspicious activity reporting including maintaining an OFAC update log and updating internal black list
- Make determinations to escalate matters for further investigation
- Attend required BSA/AML/OFAC related training
- Work on any other tasks assigned by BSA / OFAC Manager.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Apply core BSA/AML/OFAC skills to financial products and processes.
- Communicate issues to BSA / OFAC Manager in an effective manner.
3. Identify suspicious or unusual activity and escalate matters for heightened review.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Finance or Law; or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. It is understood and agreed that the employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned by the employee’s supervisor or Manager.
Job order ID: 1289
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org