Our client is an FinTech Startup based in San Francisco. They are looking for a Global Head of Compliance.
The Global Head of Compliance will be expected to keep up with changing international (EU, UK, LatAm, etc.) regulations to ensure we have all the knowledge and experience needed to help perspective banking partners and customers succeed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with all business functions to understand the security risks and compliance requirements, develop and maintain the security & compliance roadmap & strategy.
- Develop and maintain compliance & security documentation, policies, guidelines, frameworks, standards, and procedures.
- Communicate policies and procedures to stakeholders inside and outside the company.
- Develop and direct the implementation of compliance & security standards, regulations and best practices for the Company with respect to international expansion efforts in the U.K., E.U., Mexico & LatAm, etc.
- Oversee global compliance & security awareness strategy and programs fostering a culture where compliance & security is everyone’s responsibility.
- Working directly with teams to develop auditable procedures to ensure on-going compliance.
- Recommending improvements to teams for their assigned controls and checking compliance with critical controls on a regular basis.
- Helping with the company’s other certifications as needed.
- Partnering with Sales, Compliance, Engineering, Legal and Customer Success teams to close business and ensure customers understand our security posture.
- Responding to requests in a timely manner from the internal Compliance team to meet service level agreement commitments for responding to customer and prospect requests.
- Review compliance and audit related matters.
- Educating other teams and cross-training Compliance team members as needed.
- Identifying gaps with controls assigned to the company teams.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required and assigned.
- International travel as needed.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in FinTech, bank or MSB, at least 1 year in a Global Compliance role.
- This role will be responsible for driving our current compliance efforts, manage the external & internal audit plan, updating existing controls, providing leadership and coaching to all of the Corporation’s departments, managing third-party auditors, maintaining certifications and international roadmap to future certification.
- Working with internal teams to implement permanent policies and processes to ensure continued compliance during periodic audits.
- Interfacing with our customers and international partner banks by attending meetings and addressing compliance topics from requests for proposals or security questionnaires.
- Subject Matter Expert in the areas of international AML compliance and applicable regulations.
- Knack for analyzing data ensuring a better understanding of the big picture (I.e. what is and what is not working for our customers).
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with a lot of developers).
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by the company’s own chefs
Job ID – 1559
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org