The Compliance MIS Analyst, based in New York, will report into the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer. The Analyst will perform their duties independently and as part of the Compliance Methodologies & Governance Unit in support of the overall Compliance function. Primary responsibilities for this role will be designing reports and providing analytical insight regarding key performance indicators within the Compliance Department, as well as externally to the Client’s Risk Management, Controllers, Internal Audit and regulators. The individual in this role will also assist in developing and implementing strategic solutions in support of best-in-class regulatory compliance reporting and analysis.
- Generate compliance reporting and performance metrics.
- Deliver ongoing and ad hoc reporting around the compliance department plan and key performance indicators.
- Analyze performance indicators for specific compliance teams/functions and communicate results across the department through verbal and written communication.
- Plan and execute data related ad hoc projects in support of the Compliance function.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Compliance Officers and others to ensure reporting deadlines are met and that changes are timely and accurately communicated and implemented.
- Work with Business Unit Compliance Officers and Business Partners to educate and inform them about the Compliance Risk Management information prepared and reported to Senior Management and the Board.
- Actively participate in design of automation efforts to enhance the reporting process.
- Partner with Corporate SMEs and Business Unit Compliance Officers to ensure data reflected in the Bank’s reports are accurate.
- Assist in the coordination and management of compliance regulatory examination materials and other deliverables.
- Establish and maintain relationships across functions with similar analytical/reporting resources to look for synergies and ensure consistency.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or a related discipline.
- Five (5) + years experience within internal audit, external accounting, management consulting, bank compliance or related experience.
- AML certification from accredited organization (e.g., CAMS, FIBA etc.) or ability to attain designation in 12 months.
- Works well in a constantly evolving environment
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective in a dynamic fast-paced environment, and willing to take personal responsibility and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large sets of data and effectively translate results verbally and visually through tables, charts, graphs and other techniques.
- Works well under deadlines and in tight timeframes
- Effectively manages work for multiple “clients” , e.g. prioritizing their requests, synthesizing their input
- Excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to grasp and articulate the big picture
Skill specific requirements
- Facility with Excel, for example:
- Functions such as vlookup, match, index, left, right, search
- Extensive use of pivot tables – creating and modifying
- Extensive use of charts – creating and modifying
- Managing multiple data sets, combining diverse data sources
- Ability to write and/or modify Excel macros
- Facility with vendor supplied AML software
- Searching for data, inputting data, modifying data, exporting data
- Creating custom queries
- Identifying and understanding data issues within the AML software, as well as between the AML software and other bank systems
- Basic Understanding of SQL
- Ability to oversee the creation of queries to generate reports and review data quality
- Understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of Transact SQL
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio
- Work effectively with programmers and IT project managers to identify issues and monitor progress towards their resolution
- Coordinate meeting agendas, meeting packages and prepares minutes
- Excellent writing skills (e.g. meeting minutes, risk assessments)
- Excellent data analysis skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org