We are the New York office of a global financial institution. We seek an experienced Auditor who will work within a small Audit team environment, reporting directly to the Head of Group Audit, US. Primary coverage will be New York based businesses which include Corporate Banking (e.g., Energy, Commodities, and Transportation); Capital Markets (e.g., Securities Finance, Foreign Exchange, Rates, etc.); and ALM/Treasury.
We seek candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Relevant audit experience (5+ years) in Corporate Banking and Capital Markets, including coverage of risk management, compliance, operations, and finance/accounting.
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
- Knowledge of Computer-Assisted Audit Tools/Techniques (CAATTs).
- Undergraduate degree in Business (preferably Finance).
- CIA or CFSA credentials are a plus.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills to clearly articulate issues to a wide audience.
- Plan and execute audit assignments in accordance with Group Audit methodology and audit tools. The Auditor is to have a strong understanding of relevant risks and control processes in an FRB regulated bank, foreign banking organization preferred.
- Audit results are expected to be based on a combination of qualitative and substantive (testing) fieldwork. Through the course of fieldwork, the Auditor is to identify control deficiencies and practical solutions as part of delivering a high quality work product.
- Proficiently use the department’s audit tools in planning and executing audit assignments.
- Maintain relationships with management to monitor the initiatives, developments or challenges within the firm (i.e., continuous business monitoring).
- Prepare written audit results developed from audit assignments or continuous business monitoring work. Professional writing is to consist of first-rate grammar with sufficient clarity for the executive reader.
- Monitor management’s progress with corrective actions, and provide guidance toward the sustainable closure of audit findings.
- Maintain professional and constructive relationships with management (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to motivate continuous improvement, challenge processes to elevate the norm, and add value.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com