Organization: NY Branch
Department: Corporate Compliance
Title: SVP Corporate Compliance & Head of Corp Compliance Department
Manage and oversee the day to day compliance issues/matters of the Branch, ensuring sufficient programs are in place to ensure compliance with relevant bank regulatory programs. .
- Develop Compliance programs for the New York Branch, reviewing and updating policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are compliant with U.S. regulations and requirements.
- Coordinate with the Head Office to ensure that New York Branch policies and procedures are compliant with head office/foreign regulations and requirements.
- Regularly review all business, products, operations and administrative departments within the Branch to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, applicable supervisory guidelines and adequacy of operational and systems controls. Also ensures Branch complies with applicable Federal Reserve and New York State banking regulations.
- Oversees compliance programs of the New York Branch with respect to corporate compliance regulations and best practices.
- Develop and maintain Branch internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Perform or coordinate the annual Compliance reviews of the Branch’s policies, procedures and other operational processes to ensure they are in accordance with bank and regulatory standards and policies; optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Conduct or manage Compliance training seminars to ensure all employees are aware of and understand the relevant banking regulations.
- Serve as liaison to New York State Department of Financial Services and U.S. regulatory agencies during Branch examinations by Federal Reserve Bank of New York and NYSDFS.
- Motivate, train and develop Compliance team in order to maximize effectiveness and promote positive team working.
- Work with in house and external counsel on legal and compliance issues.
- Successfully complete the Branch’s mandatory annual BSA/AML and OFAC training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Advanced degree or J.D. preferred.
- Typically requires 10+ years relevant Compliance experience in U.S.
- Experience with an international bank with thorough understanding of Compliance processes and practices utilized in the U.S. branches of international banks. Specifically requires knowledge of all appropriate banking regulations and reporting requirements.
- Experience with IT issues as they relate to vendor selection for suspicious activity monitoring software.
- Strong leadership skills with sound business judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and tactical skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Employees: 6 – 10 direct reports
Job Order ID: 1214
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org