“Compliance” at the Bank, ensures that all activities undertaken by the branch comply with the US Federal and State Banking Regulations, specifically in regards to the Bank Secrecy Act and US Patriot Act. “Compliance” is responsible for transaction monitoring, Know Your Customer (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), filing of SARs, and all issues on US sanctions against countries/entities (SDN), drug trafficking, organized crime, tax evasion, embezzlement and money laundering as well as overseeing and verifying that all staff are adequately trained in their assignment, particularly for BSA, and other regulatory issues and maintaining proper record of training given.
The purpose of the position of the KYC Officer is to ensure that the branch is complying with all US Federal and State Regulations for the Bank in regards to the Bank Secrecy Act and US Patriot Act.
The KYC Officer will:
Manage the KYC process from On-boarding to Periodic reviews to feedback of Bank clients
Provide feedback/guidance on all requests and work items to ensure that they are complying with the KYC policy
Assist with various BSA/Regulatory projects.
Manage the batch screening process in Surety (KYC application)
Assist the QC Officer in the Compliance Testing program as needed
- Perform the Compliance Advisement role within the KYC application on all work items i.e. Periodic review, On-boarding, Customer updates, screening confirmations
- Perform the 2nd level review of exceed cases
- Clear the Quarterly Batch screening alerts
- Perform the assigned QC assignments as assigned by the QC Officer
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with at least 2 years of work experience in the compliance field, preferably with a commercial/correspondent bank
- Must have experience in all aspects of compliance
- Must have in-depth knowledge with all products and services offered by the Branch
- In depth knowledge of Banking and Regulatory requirements
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal; ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring them to resolution.
- Demonstrated history of team development.
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to collaborate across teams with shared accountability for results.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain credibility with all levels of management, and to promote and cultivate quality throughout the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org