Senior Compliance Analyst
Department: Legal & Compliance
Reports to: Deputy BSA/OFAC Officer & Head of OFAC
Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting the Deputy BSA/OFAC Officer & Head of OFAC in executing compliance functions of the Bank’s OFAC Program and enhanced due diligence program (EDD), and ensuring the bank’s compliance with and Bank Secrecy Act /AML regulations.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of BSA, USA Patriot Act and OFAC compliance requirements;
- Review new accounts and/or customer profile updates, which are screened against Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) lists through the Bank’s OFAC system.
- Review OFAC dispositions made by business units to ensure all possible matches are correctly disposed
- Acts as point of contact for all escalations by the business lines related to OFAC matters.
- Prepare and/or file blocked property report with OFAC.
- Assist in administrative tasks associated with OFAC and suspicious activity reporting including maintaining an OFAC update log and updating internal black list
- Conduct in-depth research into customer accounts, properly document findings and communicate with account officers requesting information to ascertain if activity is permissible by regulation.
- Review and analyze bi-monthly FinCEN 314(a) issued lists for possible matches within the Bank’s database, wire activity and monetary instrument report.
- Conduct due diligence research/investigations on all new and existing accounts high risk accounts and ensure that all required information for compliance with the USA Patriot Act, Section 326 and the Bank’s Customer Identification Program & Enhanced Due Diligence Program (CIP/EDD) is collected at account opening and ensure procedures are adhered to.
- Interact with business line personnel, AML,BSA and EDD team to understand client behavior and communicate activity of interest and/or concern.
- Review transactional data to identify activity commensurate with customer relationships that pose a higher risk of money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Conduct quarterly high risk rating reviews and assist in the preparation of reports to management.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring/analysis of customers for possible changes to risk rating.
- Recommend and support escalation of unusual or potentially suspicious activity to the AML team for investigation and SAR filing.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Apply core OFAC and AML skills to financial products and processes.
- Communicate issues to Head of OFAC in an effective manner.
- Identify suspicious or unusual activity and escalate matters for heightened review.
- Review the work of Sr. Compliance analysts;
- Provide guidance and support to Sr. Compliance analysts in the performance of their functions.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Finance, Accounting or Law; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CAMS Certification or ability to attain within 6 months.
Job Order ID: 1309
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com